Table of Contents
F25 : Schizo-Affective Disorders
F25 Schizoaffective Disorder
G1. The disorder meets the criteria for one of the affective disorders (F30.-, F31.-, F32.-) of moderate or severe degree, as specified for each category.
G2. Symptoms from at least one of the groups listed below must be clearly present for most of the time during a period of at least 2 weeks (these groups are almost the same as for schizophrenia)
- thought echo, thought insertion or withdrawal, thought broadcasting.
- delusions of control, influence or passivity, clearly referred to body or limb movements or specific thoughts, actions or sensations.
- hallucinatory voices giving a running commentary on the patient's behaviour, or discussing the patient between themselves, or other types of hallucinatory voices coming from some part of the body.
- persistent delusions of other kinds that are culturally inappropriate and completely impossible, but not merely grandiose or persecutory.
- grossly irrelevant or incoherent speech, or frequent use of neologisms.
- intermittent but frequent appearance of some forms of catatonic behaviour, such as posturing, waxy flexibility and negativism.
G3. Criteria G1 and G2 above must be met within the same episode of the disorder, and concurrently for at least part of the episode.